Create beautiful glowing flowers - 31 January 2011 - Photoshop tutorials, free design resources, writing
Sunday, 2014-04-20, 7:38 AM

My photoshop tutorials and writings

Main | Registration | Login
Welcome Guest
RSS
MY TUTORIALS ON OTHER SITES
  • Create a fantasy underwater scene with photoshop

• Create a fashion mixed media portrait with photoshop

• Create a surreal, emotional underground scene photo manipulation

• Create a fantasy tree woman scene in photoshop

• Create an intense fallen angel scene in photoshop

• Create a fantasy fiery portrait photo manipulation

• Create a surreal underground scene with a sleeping, frozen beauty

• Create a winter night landscape photo manipulation

• Create an emotional autumn scene photo manipulation

• Create a creepy abstract flaming tree woman in photoshop

• Create a fantasy boat scene photo manipulation

• Create a devil woman scene using digital painting techniques

• Create a beautiful sunrise scene with an old house

• Create a dark grim reaper scene photo manipulation

• Create a dark forest scene photo manipulation

• Create a spring-inspired watercolor artwork in photoshop

• Create a misty landscape matte painting in photoshop

• Create a surreal head with rose photo manipulation

• Create a fantasy photo manipulation "Summoning The Power"

• Create a lonely child scene photo manipulation

• Create a serene lake scene photo manipulation

• Create a dark photo manipulation of a devil woman

• Design a summer time vacation poster

• Create a space battle scene in Photoshop

• Create a garden scene with a cat gazing at a fish cloud

• Create a beautiful mixed media portrait in photoshop

• Create a bunny house in photoshop

• Create a Surreal Head Of Tree Photo Manipulation

• Create a Dark and Surreal Photo Manipulation "Volcano Spirit"

• Create a Mysterious and Fantasy Woman Portrait in Photoshop

• Create a Snowy Night Landscape Matte Painting

• Create a Christmas night landscape photo manipulation

• Create a colorful photo manipulation "Simple Life"

• Create a fantasy forest fire scene photo manipulation

• Create a floating superhero scene with sci-fi lighting effect

• Create a Beautiful Abstract Cosmic Photo Manipulation

• Create a Nature Inspired Advertisement Design

• Create a Dark Ghostly Scene Photo Manipulation

• Create a Fantasy Witch Scene Photo Manipulation

• Create a fantasy halloween witch cat photo manipulation

• Create a beautiful sunrise landscape matte painting in photoshop

• Create a Surreal Photo Manipulation "Flooded"

• Create a Surreal Portal Scene with Powerful Lighting effect

• Create a Sci-fi photo manipulation "Space Station"

• Create emotional photo manipulation "Magical Rose"

• Create An Eerie Abstract Photo Manipulation

• Create a Surreal Photo Manipulation Sky Gate

• Create a Fantasy Mushroom House Photo Manipulation

• Create a Surreal Photo Manipulation "Daydream"

• Create a Dark Photo Manipulation "Nocturna"

• Create an emotional sunset photo manipulation

• Create a cat in a magical pond scene photo manipulation

• Create a surreal photo manipulation Coffee Mind

• Create a Fantasy floating park photo manipulation

• Twisting Water-Surreal photo manipulation

• Firing Heart-Emotional photo manipulation

• Create a dramatic building explosion scene

• Let me sink-Emotional rainy scene photo manipulation

• Create a colorful and futuristic photo manipulation

• The Sky Station - Surreal photo manipulation

• The Vampire Hunter - Dark photo manipulation

• Dark storm scene photo manipulation

• The Released - Dark and surreal photo manipulation

• Wounded rose - Create an abstract photo manipulation

• Create a dark and emotional photo manipulation

• Create a dramatic battle scene in photoshop

• The Forgotten - Dark an conceptual photo manipulation

• Night's butterfly-Create a dark and mysterious fantasy portrait

• Create an anti-smoking concept design in photoshop

• A dreamy world-Create a fantasy landscape

• Create a dramatic action scene poster

• Create a nature inspired, out of bound photo effect in photoshop

• Cool metal text effect

• Dance in blue - Fantasy photo manipulation

• Emotional night scene - Photo manipulation

• Create a lovely 3D like butterfly in Photoshop

• Create a beautiful Valentine background with moon and heart

• Create a beautiful and romantic Valentine wallpaper

• Beautiful pink flower portrait

• Create a beautiful spring greeting card in photoshop

• Beautiful spring-Fantasy photo manipulation

• Cool floral 3D text effect

• Colorful bokeh heart effect

• Retro artistic effects

• Sexy ghost in the uninhabited house-Dark photo manipulation

• Colorful and glamour composition style in photoshop

• Glowing text in colorful fantastic space scene

• Magical blossom dance-Fantasy photo manipulation

• RECENT TALKS
    ARCHIEVES

RECENT POSTS
    [2014-03-06]
    My first brush sets
    [2013-07-19]
    Free abstract wing and light stocks
    [2013-06-21]
    Free sci-fi grid backgrounds
    [2013-05-21]
    Free star backgrounds
    [2013-03-07]
    Create a colorful abstract cosmic photo manipulation
    MOST POPULAR
    Create a Nature themed, Astract photo manipulation
    Views: 47331
    [2011-01-15]
    Color blending collection 3
    Views: 46265
    [2011-06-14]
    Create a burning girl with fire effect
    Views: 44869
    The Winter Queen - Fantasy photo manipulation
    Opinions : 43
    [2010-03-15]
    Beautify a portrait
    Opinions : 42
    [2010-10-10]
    Create a beautiful emotional black and white love scene
    Opinions : 41
    [2010-07-06]
    Create beautiful golden skin effect using three different ways
    Opinions : 39
    25 beautiful dreamy effect photoshop tutorials
    [2013-05-21]
    Free star backgrounds
    [2010-01-29]
    When i miss you
    [2010-04-23]
    Create quickly interesting effects with combination Ctrl+Alt+~ in photoshop
    [2010-11-14]
    Cool and realistic bubble text effect
    [2011-07-30]
    Color blending collection IV
    [2013-06-21]
    Free sci-fi grid backgrounds
    MY FAVORITE SITES
  • PSD Tutsplus
  • Webmaster tutorials
  • Typography resources
  • SEARCH
    TAGS
    Photo retouch Mood Skin photoshop Photo manipulation WING Dream Desert dark Blue valentine missing Rain landscape skull head Photoshop tutorial devil garden freebie lake Inspiration rose Storm spring Pain Snow season My story Autumn Witch colorful Cosmic photo manipulation surreal Fantasy Text effect Sky sunrise Blend Mirror Surreal angel NIGHT photo explosion Winter butterfly model Soft Hurt Station planet star Life Dreamy UnderWater Sunset tree Halloween red power love Blood Matte Painting Heart Bokeh magic Feeling Emotional Beauty color Space Sci-Fi background Stock My poetry drawing Forest painting flower Effect Road Fractal Nature girl Design HOUSE Song brushes Portrait Random thoughts cat abstract fire GHost Grunge Sweet Woman Photo effect light
    STATISTICS

Total online: 1
    Guests: 1
    Users: 0
    Main » 2011 » January » 31 » Create beautiful glowing flowers

11:46 AM
    Create beautiful glowing flowers

I made this tutorial from a request though i did not mean to write this time . As you may see, im really busy recently. Our Lunar New Year will be starting after two days. Its our biggest and most important festival and  i want to help my family to prepare for it. So to all your comments, feedbacks, messages, emails, i will check back and answer later.

Resources:
    Star brush

1. Create a new document and fill it with black.

2. Create a new layer, choose hard white brush with 6 px, hold the Shift key to draw a line:

Choose Filter-Stylize-Wind:

Hit Ctrl+F to repeat it twice:

Choose Edit-Transform-Warp:

Use Distort tool to transform it:

Duplicate it 6 times and place them like a flower:

Merge all these layer, use Perpective tool to transform it:

3. Duplicate it and resize it, place it ilike the pic below to make receptacle:

4. Create a new layer, use Pen tool to create a path, then choose Stroke Path with soft white brush , then duplicate it 3 times , transform them to make filament:

5. Create a new layer, use hard white brush with 4 px to make flower anther:

6. Create a new layer, use Pen Tool to create a path, stroke it with hard white brush ,  transform it then add layer mask with black brush ( opacity 30%) to erase to make flower stem:

7. Choose flower petals layer, apply Outer glow with default settings:

Apply this effect for all flower part layers.

8. Click to choose all flower part layers:

Press Ctrl+G to make group for them.

Right click this group, choose Duplicate group. Repeat it three times again and transform them:

9. Create a new layer, use star brushes to decorate the pic:

10. On the top of layers, go to Layer-New Fill Layer-Gradient:

Set the mode of this Gradient fill layer to Color 100%.

11. New Selective color layer:

Reds: 100, 100, -100, 0
    Whites: 0, 42, 0, 0
    Neutrals: -11, 0, 0, 0

Final effect:

Views: 61067 | Added by: Admin | Tags: drawing, Photo effect, photoshop, petal, Photoshop tutorial, flower

ABOUT ME: I'm Jenny and i live in Hanoi, Vietnam. If you like what i write or want to keep in touch with me, you can subscribe to My blog, email me or like My Facebook page to keep updates of my latest works.

Please ask before you want to post or translate my tutorials on other sites. I hardly decline if you ask nicely. Thank you :).

Share |
    Total opinions: 841 2 »
    1 tektok   (2011-01-31 8:58 PM)
    literally there is no enough word to thank u for sharing it with us,,
    helped so much,,
    awosome

9 Admin   (2011-02-06 8:14 PM)
    im glad to know it. Hope you can do better results wink

2 Pigler   (2011-02-02 0:15 AM)
    Good tut, but kinda hard to follow sad

10 Admin   (2011-02-06 8:14 PM)
    why hard to follow?

3 sampada   (2011-02-02 9:19 AM)
    nice

4 WIKI   (2011-02-03 2:29 PM)

5 csabi   (2011-02-03 11:16 PM)
    Hi! I just love your tutorial! Congratulations!
    I`we just opened a tutorials indexing website and I would like to ask you to submit your tutorials, it will bring you some extra traffic
    Please give a chance for my website: http://www.tutorialswindow.com

Thanks!

11 Admin   (2011-02-06 8:15 PM)
    Hi
    Thanks for your will. I will take a look at your site. Thank you very much for your concern. Best of luck to your site smile wink

6 Heather   (2011-02-04 1:28 AM)
    Thank you for this, Jenny! I liked it so much I man-ified it for my boyfriend so I could give him some flowers for Valentine's day. Instead of pinks & purples, I used oranges & reds and added some flames to the bottom and stems. I hope he likes it. Thanks again!

12 Admin   (2011-02-06 8:17 PM)
    I received it via email, its very nice! I hope your boyfriend like it as you wink . Thank you for telling me and sharing it with me, im very pleased wink . Happy Valentines to you both wink wink

7 Mona   (2011-02-04 5:34 PM)
    Thanks for this. Was helpful for a starter like me smile

13 Admin   (2011-02-06 8:18 PM)
    im glad to hear it. You're welcome wink

8 Rogelyn Josol   (2011-02-06 5:34 AM)
    It's very nice. .. I like your website. .. happy

14 Admin   (2011-02-06 8:18 PM)

15 Ayaan   (2011-02-07 9:59 AM)
    Nice Idea and outcome. but not very well written.Its really hard for new photoshop users to follow.should be more detailed.

anyways, awesome flowers!
    Congratulations!

19 Admin   (2011-02-08 1:15 PM)
    Well, i was very busy at this time writing this tutorial so it could not be very detailed. But i think if you have some photoshop basic skills, it will not be hard for you. Thank you for your comment, i will try to make my next tutorials easier and more detailed.

16 Rafi   (2011-02-07 11:09 AM)
    Awesome!! but my photoshop cs has no wrap.. i cant do it.. sad

20 Admin   (2011-02-08 1:19 PM)
    there is no warp tool in ps 8 but you may try distort tool or use Filter distort in photoshop instead. It cant get similar result but its beyond my ability smile

17 Rafi   (2011-02-07 11:12 AM)
    i dont have warp.. cry

18 Jose Diaz   (2011-02-07 1:11 PM)
    Hi, i'm writing from Tijuana, Mexico. I'm very impressed of your tut's happy , i did't start with this one but i just follow the reading and i'm very excited how you draw like a charm, just with one bit of line.

Hope to read from you soon.

Have a great day!

21 Admin   (2011-02-08 1:21 PM)
    Thank you very much for your nice words. Hope to see your footprint here once more wink

22 Rafi   (2011-02-10 9:46 AM)
    thanks Jen.. biggrin

23 Admin   (2011-02-12 8:24 PM)
    you're welcome wink

24 joko ismanto   (2011-02-16 12:59 PM)
    speechless !!! thanks Bro

25 Admin   (2011-02-16 10:29 PM)
    thanks, but im not bro..im Jenny lol

26 kavithasadasivam   (2011-02-18 4:14 PM)
    friend u have wonderful creativity

27 densherny joy   (2011-02-22 1:46 PM)
    i love your beautiful flowers! biggrin biggrin

28 Bharati   (2011-02-23 4:25 PM)
    woowoo woowoo owesome................

29 faraz ali   (2011-02-24 4:12 PM)
    nice flower dud i like it.

30 mousumi   (2011-02-25 2:13 PM)
    Nice work

31 lubna   (2011-02-25 6:14 PM)
    where can i find the prepective tool?? n cheers 4 the tut smile smile

32 Admin   (2011-02-27 4:20 PM)
    Thanks guys for comments!
    @lubna: Choose Edit-Transform-Perspective wink

33 Astasheel   (2011-02-28 11:43 AM)
    Its very helpful... nice tut

34 preeti   (2011-03-01 1:12 AM)
    hi jenny m preeti frm india. jus read ur tutorial it was miiiind blowing!!!!
    i made d similar flowers all in one take!!! thx a lot dear....u r a gr8 talent! keep going....... happy

35 iapdesign photoshop tutorial   (2011-03-07 2:43 PM)
    Wow.. This is great.. i didn't think that you can come up with this kind of result using the wind stylize filter..
    Good job here sirr.! cool

----------------------------------------------------
    iapdesign photoshop tutorial

36 VIJAY   (2011-03-07 7:11 PM)
    u did wonderful creativity

37 VIJAY   (2011-03-07 7:11 PM)
    u did wonderful Job

38 Admin   (2011-03-07 7:52 PM)
    Thanks guys! its really great support to me ! wink

@iapdesign: im not sir lol...im simply Jenny tongue biggrin

39 iapdesign photoshop tutorial   (2011-03-08 12:03 PM)
    @admin Jenny...

hehe.. i didn't see that the author is a girl hehe.. smile
    I want more tutorial from you. MISS JENNY! tongue
    But anyway very good tutorial...

----------------------------------------------------
    iapdesign photoshop tutorial

40 Admin   (2011-03-14 7:31 PM)
    haha ok, i will write more when i have time...just wait...i like the way you said and hope to see you here more wink

41 laxmi   (2011-04-16 11:41 AM)
    Hey, really you are simply creative lol.i visited your blog and the stuff is awesome flower

42 Admin   (2011-04-18 2:47 PM)
    Thanks Iaxmi wink

43 Anne Nime   (2011-04-28 7:56 AM)
    hi jenny!

This tutorial is really wonderful... I am having problems with my illustrator though. When I hit filter>stylize, I found that I do not have the wind effect. Also, even though my line is highlighted, all the other filters are grayed out (meaning, i couldn't use even the gaussian blurs, which means i couldn't really edit my line.) maybe there is a pre requisite that I couldn't fulfill? you have my email... i hope you could help me out.

I'm also visiting your deviantart to look around. You are fabulous. thank you! biggrin

Anne

44 Admin   (2011-04-29 10:19 PM)
    You meant you sent me an email? but i found no email that resembles what you mentioned. I dont know what is really your problem...maybe you should show me some screenshots via my email : pureromance888@yahoo.com and i might give you some suggestions smile . Thank you for watching me on Deviant and your kind words happy , glad to meet you wink biggrin tongue happy

45 metalpig   (2011-09-25 3:40 PM)
    awesome tuts! i just found out this tutorial from other site, and kinda amaze that it's easy for you to do such effects.. thanks alot for sharing! :P

btw, i like your site. smile

***

46 Admin   (2011-10-04 6:26 PM)
    aww thank you so much ^ _ ^

47 Mahesh Kumar   (2011-11-01 2:26 PM)
    thak you.....

48 Admin   (2011-11-01 4:03 PM)
    you're welcome wink

49 GMac   (2011-11-06 11:57 AM)
    I saw this a while ago and thought it was really cool, but I didn't know how to really do it. I tried again after I've learned more....but I got stuck at step 4..haha...the pen tool really really confuses me..could you tell me how to mess with it, or at least point me to a tut that'll help? Your work is amazing by the way...keep it up!!

51 Admin   (2011-11-11 9:22 PM)
    you can look at this tutorial as a reference http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/pen-tool-selections/
    a wonderful one with very detailed and well explained about Pen Tool...hope it helps wink . And thank you so much for your comment wink

50 Mina   (2011-11-07 11:41 PM)
    Hi, thanks for such a wonderful lesson... bt unlike everyone out there i am a bit unsuccessful. I get stuck in step 10.. my BG get gradient not the flowers... can u pls help me out here......I am also not understanding step 11..... i m using cs5... many many many many thanks...... wacko sad sad sad

52 Admin   (2011-11-11 9:24 PM)
    Hi Mina,
    After set value for Gradient, you should change the mode of it to Color 100% and flower should apprear again biggrin . To do step 11, simply choose Layer-New adjustment layer-Selective Color. Hope it helps. wink

53 adrisui   (2011-12-19 10:30 PM)
    Good tutorial. Did not think that it was this easy.

54 Admin   (2011-12-30 9:16 PM)
    yes, its really easier than it seems biggrin

55 MayWolf   (2012-02-09 4:03 AM)
    very well done. i realy like this and its super easy to do :3

56 Admin   (2012-02-13 3:54 PM)
    no problem and thank you too wink

57 Neneng   (2012-02-21 11:25 AM)
    Nice Work..Hope you can release more beautiful works biggrin

60 Admin   (2012-03-12 2:02 PM)
    thank you, i'll try my best to do it wink

58 Zaria   (2012-02-29 4:30 AM)
    I love your flower. Can you email me a picture of it.

-Thanks

61 Admin   (2012-03-12 2:02 PM)
    i think you can follow my tutorial to do it in the way you want...it's very easy...good luck wink

59 sanjay powar   (2012-03-11 5:30 PM)
    wow! wonderful smile

62 Admin   (2012-03-12 2:03 PM)

63 Arefin Nipon   (2012-05-22 1:59 PM)
    Thank You. I will try my best.

64 Admin   (2012-06-10 2:26 PM)
    i hope so too wink

65 Eileen Jacobsen   (2012-06-19 9:54 PM)
    Thanks a lot for a veery nice tut :-) But I think it´s not detailed enough explained as a new user. Some of the steps are not explained properly. But your tuts are awesome :-) The Best wishes From Eileen from Denmark/ Copenhagen :-)

67 Admin   (2012-07-05 10:02 PM)
    Thank you Eileen :). It's a simple tut and i hoped it was easy to follow. If people have any questions you're welcome to leave your words and i'll try my best to explain wink

66 Nabeel   (2012-06-24 6:00 PM)
    Amazing technique JENNY....gud work happy

68 Admin   (2012-07-05 10:02 PM)

69 Dung   (2012-08-11 6:03 PM)
    Anh có thể làm 1 cái Video hướng dẫn cụ thể đc ko?? Em mới tập PTS nên khó làm theo lắm:( Nếu đc e cảm ơn rất nhiều happy

70 Tessa Miller   (2012-08-20 8:38 PM)
    Does this also work with CS6? I cant get it to work angry

71 Admin   (2012-09-27 10:39 PM)
    i think it works in all photoshop version from CS2 tongue wink

72 Schnuppe   (2013-02-09 2:04 AM)
    Thanks you very much for wonderful Tutorials huggers Schnuppe

73 Admin   (2013-02-19 9:39 PM)
    you're most welcome  wink

74 anni   (2013-02-20 12:22 PM)
    it is beautiful

75 Rachel Werner   (2013-05-20 10:31 PM)
    cry can't figure out the last step. the gradient always never does what the picture shows. goes over background, covers everything behind it. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I WAS ABLE TO DO EVERYTHING ELSE!!!! cry tears tears

76 Admin   (2013-05-21 4:05 PM)
    Did you change the mode of this Gradient fill layer? I set it to Color mode 100%  wink

77 Rachel Werner   (2013-05-21 9:49 PM)
    how do you do that? confused

78 Admin   (2013-05-22 9:03 PM)
    Rachel, it's layer mode. Just change the mode as you do with normal layers  wink

79 Rachel Werner   (2013-05-22 9:49 PM)
    i just don't get it help

80 Admin   (2013-05-23 8:29 PM)
    Rachel, when you make a new layer and want to change the mode of it, how do you do?

81 Recka   (2013-11-20 11:23 AM)
    OMG..
    so beautiful smile
    wink yes

82 Admin   (2013-11-21 2:39 PM)

1-50 51-51
    Link with http is not allowed due to spams. Thanks for your understanding.

Name *: