1. Open your picture and duplicate it. Choose Image-Apply Image:
This step is to remove green tone and reduce blue tone of the pic.
2. Create a new Selective color layer:
Neutrals: 11, 3, 9, 0
Its to increase light cyan tone.
3. Stamp visible all layers ( Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E). Choose Channel Pallete,
Ctrl+A to choose Green channel, Ctrl+C to copy it and press Ctrl+V to
paste it into Blue channel. We have:
This step is to change color of umbrella to fit background.
4. Stamp visible again. Apply Gassian blur with 4 px then set this layer
to Soft light 100. Press Ctrl+U to reduce the red tone on model face:
5. Stamp visible once again. Apply Gassian blur with 4 px and set it to Hard light 20%:
( You can choose Soft light mode, it depends on your fancy or your own picture).
6. New Selective color layer: Reds: 86, -23, 12, 0 Whites: 0, -21, 0, 0 This step is to reduce red tone on model to be suitable for background.
7. In this step we are about to add rain effect to this photo. Its a very easy effect and most of you may know it already.
Create a new layer and fill it with black ( Choose Edit-Fill). Apply Add noise filter:
Press Ctrl+L to increase contrast and reduce "rain effect" intensity:
Apply Motion blur:
Set this layer to Screen 100%:
Press Ctrl+L to increase brightness:
Apply Gassian blur with 0.5 px to soften this effect to make it look more natural.
Add layer mask and use soft black brush with 50% opacity, 50% flow to blur the rain effect on some parts of model:
ABOUT ME: I'm Jenny and i live in Hanoi, Vietnam. If you like what i write or want to keep in touch with me, you can subscribe to My blog, email me
or like My Facebook page to keep updates of my latest works.
Please ask before you want to post or translate my tutorials on other sites. I hardly decline if you ask nicely. Thank you :).
lol...i dont really believe in it but it sound pleased to my ears :P...thank u ;). Pls inform me when u have new works, not on Facebook as its been blocked in Vietnam and i've been hard to get access it
i dont know why its blocked here, i think there are many reasons, politics, society...etc...but however, i hate it . . i've been searching a way to get access FB and i hope i can do it soon...and i will visit your page if i can do it...keep doing good works!