My first fantasy photo manipulation, so bear with me! . I wanted to
create a fantasy tutorial, but lacked the idea. Finally i ended up with this
result. I dont really like it but i hope i can get good feedbacks and suggestions my
future tutorials. So, help me?
2. Open the model stock. I use pen tool to extract her out and move into document. The bottom of background is dark and her dress is very long so we dont need to make shadow under her. We will make some things to make her look more realistic
3. Create a new layer, i use clone tool to fix her hair,
check "Sample All Layers" on property bar. Now it looks more natural. To
use clone tool, you can search for my retouch tutorials or on the webs.
4. Make a new selective color layer: Reds: -70,-49,64,0 Yellows: 14,9,44,0 Greens: 35,21,46,0
This step is to make color of model more suitable to background.
5. Create two new layers, grab a selection with Elliptical Marquee tool on the first:
Choose second layer, click Marquee tool, then right click the selection, choose Make Work Path with tolerance =0.5
Choose brush 6 px, hardness 100% with settings:
Choose Pen tool then right click the path, choose Stroke Path:
Right click it again, choose Delete Path we have:
Merge two these layers, add layer mask to erase this circle to make it look like the pic below:
Apply Blending options:
This is what we have:
6. Open butterfly stock. Make selection around some different motions,
copy it and paste into our file. Resize and set different positions (
its not really matter because we will edit them later )
7. Create a new layer, use Line tool to draw some lines:
Choose white brush with 2px, hardness 100% with settings:
Choose Stroke path and Delete path like step 5 we have:
This step is to create tree curtain.
8. Make a new layer, use soft brush with color 94a51e to paint over her dress. Set it to Soft light 100%.
9. Open the fern stock. I resize it then drag into document and place it under model dress:
Press Ctrl+M to reduce the light and tone:
10. Cut the wild flower stock and paste into our file. Resize, move, duplicate it many
times, change some colors, distort, make drop shadow ( from blending
options with default settings) and positions like this:
11. Create a new layer, use soft white brush to make some spots on the pic:
Set this layer to Soft light 100%
12. New layer again, use Glitter II brushes, number 2170 then 2196 with 90 px make some glitter parts:
Aply Outer glow with default settings we have:
13. Come back to butterfly layers, move them to different positions and make shadow
from blending options for the butterfly selected on the pic:
14. New layer with glitter brushes, make some sparks :
Set outer glow with default settings:
15. New layer again, use light ray brushes, number 1266 with 650 px to make a light ray on the pic, lower opacity to 70%:
Use perspective tool to transform it. Add layer mask to erase some sharp part of the light rays. Then place this layer under the girl layer.
16. Make a new layer, i use soft white brush making some spots on model:
Set it to Soft light 100%.
17. Create a new color balance layer: Midtones: 20,13,-28 Shadows: 0,20,0 Highlights: 0,0,-10
New selective color layer: Yellows: -11,-18,54,9 Greens: -26,100,100,100 Blacks: 5,14,69
New Brightness/contrast layer: -15/10
18. Make a new layer, set to Overlay and fill with 50% gray:
Use Dodge and Burn tool to lighten and darken some parts of the pic.
Move it under Color balance layer.
19. A new selective color layer Reds: 72,-49,0,0
Yellows: 11,25,-24,0 Greens: 30,-36,0,55
ABOUT ME: I'm Jenny and i live in Hanoi, Vietnam. If you like what i write or want to keep in touch with me, you can subscribe to My blog, email me
or like My Facebook page to keep updates of my latest works.
Please ask before you want to post or translate my tutorials on other sites. I hardly decline if you ask nicely. Thank you :).
After long time i am visiting your site, that is great tutorial from you once again..specially some glitter and sparkles included in plants which are there in feet of model is good. I have also noticed a reply from you saying "In fact i dont think the result is good...i think i could do better" yes the creator should be like this...you have fantastic creative ideas....Keep rocking
-------------------------------------------------------- www.deepetch.com Clipping path, masking, retouching, color correction, vector
Hi Jack In fact i lacked ideas and inspiration doing this tutorial so i dont think the result is good, but finally many people dont think like me :p. Thank you Jack, its always great to hear from you . Stay well, stay blessed
I knew it already and i was very surprised for my this tutorial has been featured on some popular photoshop sites . Thanks for your words and kindness though im really confused about how great it is ...lol...
please help me, i'm almost done, but i'm stuck at "creat a new color balance" i know where the colore balance is, but i don't know how to creat a new one, can someone please help me how to "create a NEW color balance? thank u
Hi Jenny.i'm from malaysia.it's amazing.I dont think this is not good enough.but...can i ask ur favor?can u send me via email those model.i find it not available 4 free.actually im a bit shy to say this but im a student n dun hv enough money(the truth is i dun know how 2buy it too!) 2 buy those model picture..TQ hope u'll make more tutorial like this
Hi Some people asked me to do it too but as i said above, its a purchased model and i cant redistribute or share it. Sorry. No need to do the same model like mine, you can apply it on your own. I think you can find many better models from free photo sources such as deviantart or sxc.hu.