I got inspired from viewing "Rose the one", a perfume ad of D&G in that the famous French photographer Jean-Baptiste Mondino
took Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson with classic sexy poses to
express woman's fragrance. These pics are filled with soft, sweet,
elegant and warm pink tone that make people feel extremely comfortable,
romantic and sexy.
This effect is just suitable for indoor photos as its background is
based on a light color, a bit dreamy, so a background with high
contrast between dark and light doesnt fit this tone.
1. Duplicate your pic. You must soften the skin if it needs. With my
chosen pic, i think her lips are too thick and sexy so i use lasso tool
to create a selection around the upper lip. Choose Turbulence from
Liquify filter with parameter like the pic below to make it smaller and
Do the same with under lip.
2. Then open the source pic ( rosetheone pic). Choose Eyedropper tool to click the
midtones of source pic to pick up a basic tone. We can see foreground
color is set to new color ( e4ac91). Then come back to your pic.
If your pic is dark or bright, so use your fave method to increase or decrease the light. To my pic, i skip this step.
3. Create a new fill color layer with foreground tone. Set this layer to Color 100%.
4. Create a new levels layer:
5. Now adjust the tone on a new selective color layer:
Red: -76, 18,24,-41
Yellow: -100, 20,-24,-16
6. Now we will adjust the tone of skin. Skin must be brighter and
lighter than the background. Create a new layer , set to Screen 40% and
use soft brush with foreground tone to paint on the skin, eyelids, and
7. Create a new layer and choose color f28a76 to paint on lips, set this layer to color 50%.
8. Choose Eyedropper tool, click on her cheeks to pick up the color of
her skin (eec6b2). Use soft brush to paint on her cheeks and set this
layer to Multipy 25%.
9. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E. This tone requires the eyes must look natural so i
will reduce the light on her iris. Create selections around the irises
then choose Image-Adjustment-Brightness/contrast:
Then Ctrl+U to adjust Hue/Saturation:
10. Create a new layer and set to Overlay like that:
Use Dodge tool with Highlight, Exposure 50% to lighten the eyes:
11. Create a new layer, set to Soft light 100%. Use soft white brush to paint around her eyes to reduce the reddess.
12. After all these steps, i see the color of hair is not good. Looks
like her hair is in "color cast". To reduce it i create a new layer, use
soft brush, f2be79 and paint on the hair, then set this layer to Color
13. Create a new layer, use soft brush , cb876f paint on background and then set this layer to Screen 35%.
14. We're almost done, but i notice that i forgot her dress. Create a
new layer again, use soft brush , fabda8 to paint on it, set this layer
to Multipy 20%.
And now our work really finishes. To many pics, you may skip some steps. Compare the effect:
ABOUT ME: I'm Jenny and i live in Hanoi, Vietnam. If you like what i write or want to keep in touch with me, you can subscribe to My blog, email me
or like My Facebook page to keep updates of my latest works.
Please ask before you want to post or translate my tutorials on other sites. I hardly decline if you ask nicely. Thank you :).
I don't want to look like a jackass but i think most of the tutorial is in an intermediate language and i'm a beginner. i barely understood what you wrote dude. you need to make things more easy for the beginner.
Hi Adrianne Most of my tutorials here are not hard to follow . I've always tried to make tutorials as simple and easy as much as i can in my own way. If you or others are not clear about anything related to tutorials, dont hesitate to ask me and i will try my best to help you all. Thanks for your regards. Jenny
In step 2, just choose Eyedropper tool (I) , click to pick the color of pic source ( pic of Scarlett Johannson) for foreground color . I picked the color e4ac91 and in step 3, just choose Layer-New Fill layer-Solid color, fill it with foreground color picked in step 2 and set it to Color mode 100%. Hope it helps ;).