In this tutorial we will know to beautify a portrait in basic steps Lets see this beauty:
Her old look:
In fact, its pretty simple and you can follow on your own stock.
1. Duplicate your base. We can see her skin is not soft and smooth, the color is very dark, and has many freckles. Use Apply image like the pic below:
This step is to make her skin brighter and reduce saturation.
2. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E we get a new layer.
Duplicate this layer. Set it to Gassian blur , set it to 9. Then add a new layer mask, choose Hide all. Use white paint brush to paint on the skin avoiding the shape of her face, nose, eyes. Then we can see the difference:
3. Create a new layer, choose soft brush , color ff9fb6 to paint on the lips. Set it to Color 100%. Duplicate it twice.
4. Create a new layer, choose 0092ff and layer with Color mode and then paint brush on the eyes.
5. Create a new layer. Choose ffbeee for brush, paint on her eyelids like that ( set it to Overlay 100%)
6. New layer again, choose ffb2b8 for brush paint on her cheeks, Normal 90%.
7. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E again. Set this layer to Normal, 22%. Use Burn tool, 5px to paint lightly to darken the edge of her nose.
8. Crtl+Shift+Alt+E. Set this layer to Normal , 60%. Use Dodge tool, 23px to lighten up the straight of her nose. We have result:
ABOUT ME: I'm Jenny and i live in Hanoi, Vietnam. If you like what i write or want to keep in touch with me, you can subscribe to My blog, email me
or like My Facebook page to keep updates of my latest works.
Please ask before you want to post or translate my tutorials on other sites. I hardly decline if you ask nicely. Thank you :).
Mayna, you just choose Layer from Menu then choose Layer mask-Hide all, then you will see layer mask is filled with black.After that you can use white paint brush to soften the skin. If you have nay question, just ask and i will answer you as best as i can.
TOO much work. Unnatural and complete overkill, it even looks better straight out of the camera!!! Balance is the key of everything, SHOULD also be so in this case but it fails miserable. Sorry, but true.
thanks for d very helpful tutorial but i stuck on d paint brush part as i tried to search a lot bt ddnt got d paint brush option perfectly n wenever i tried to colour d lips dey r widout shine and eyes r covered completly blue plz guide me i'll b eagerly waiting for ur reply
did you choose right color for face parts? in my this tutorial, i used pink color for lip, cheeks, blue for eyes. Then set it to correct mode ( you can try different modes to choose the one you like) . If the problem still occurs , you should show me screenshot of your process and i may give you correct suggestion.
Your tutorials a very amazing. Thanks so much and I look forward to learn more photoshop techniques from you. How do you get good quality photos printed on magazines and newspapers, as in colour and black and white.